One of the darkened patient rooms in the Brooklyn Naval Hospital, constructed between 1830 and 1838. This building, which supplied over one-third of the medicines used by Union troops during the Civil War, was stabilized in the 1990s. During stabilization, boards were placed over all of the windows - leading to incredibly dark shooting conditions inside. Exposures tend to range from 1-8 minutes; depending on time of day and weather, the building can appear monochromatic (as here), or awash in a sea of blues and yellows.
this fucked me up a bit
This is excellent.
“Repeat Rape: How do they get away with it?”, Part 1 of 2. (link to Part 2)
- College Men: Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists,Lisak and Miller, 2002 [PDF, 12 pages]
- Navy Men: Lisak and Miller’s results were essentially duplicated in an even larger study (2,925 men): Reports of Rape Reperpetration by Newly Enlisted Male Navy Personnel, McWhorter, 2009 [PDF, 16 pages]
By dark-side-of-the-room, who writes:
These infogifs are provided RIGHTS-FREE for noncommercial purposes. Repost them anywhere. In fact, repost them EVERYWHERE. No need to credit. Link to the L&M study if possible.
Knowledge is a seed; sow it.
Reblogging because I mentioned this study in a post the other day and someone reblogged & replied insinuating that I’d made it up, but I didn’t have the citation on hand right then. As I said then: rape culture is what teaches rapists that they aren’t rapists.
^ bolded for emphasis
Imagine all the women and girls who had sex when they didnt really want to, who went ahead and gave in to someone’s persuasion with or without being entirely convinced of said plead or even of their own desire, but quite sure about why they, as females, should give in, and perhaps even why it is her responsibility to be secondary.
This is rape too, this is rape too. This is the way we are bred as little girls. This is what happens when a little girl then tries to become a woman.
if anyone remembers the story that was making rounds a while back about a 19 year old discovering the solution to cleaning up the pacific garbage patch, that project launched a fundraider which now has 7 days to reach it’s goal.
crASHES THROUGH THE WALL BECAUSE I HEARD SOMEBODY NEEDED MONEY TO CLEAN THE OCEAN
5 days left to go, only about 200,000 short of a 2 million goal
I have been a cat owner my whole life and I literally never knew that tiger lilies and stargazers were also highly toxic to cats. Even drinking the water from the vase that lilies are in can kill the cat! I brought in a tiger lily from our yard today and just thought to look it up and found out (and of course removed the lily from our house as soon as I saw). How scary!
Other toxic flowers for cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
- Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
- Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
- Lilies (Lilium sp.)
- Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
- Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
- Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
- Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
- Yew (Taxus sp.)
Important info for cat friends!!!
Now you know
Asparagus ferns too!!
I follow this girl on instagram and she gets her cat stoned using marijuana, what should I do?????
I say call her out and report her. That’s awful!
Pete’s haul #vanillacoke #cherry7up #monstermunch #propeller #barr #hippo #petesfrutique #love
It bothers me that the intelligence of animals is measured by how willing they are to obey the commands of a human.
same goes for students at schools
I just realized how fucked up that is wow.